Whether it’s career counseling, teaching parenting skills, or enrolling a veteran for benefits, our programs and services help strengthen families – leading to a healthier, more stable community.
Family Services of Greater Houston, a United Way Agency, is one of the oldest 501 (c)(3) nonprofit social service organizations in the area. Originally founded in 1904 in reaction to a series of community crises, the organization was conceived to be a flexible social service agency, ready to quickly offer help to those in need.
Today, Family Houston serves low-income children, families and adults. Our clients represent the diversity of the city, with a wide range of ages and ethnicities. Among the services we offer:
- Case Management
- Employment Services
- Financial Stability
- Parenting and Life Skills Classes
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Veteran Services
- Young Adults on the Move
To provide individuals and families with the counseling and guidance they need to strengthen themselves and their relationships.
To create a stronger community tomorrow by helping individuals and families find the strength to meet the challenges they face today.
- Commitment – always being family and community focused
- Integrity – operating honestly and ethically
- Accountability – financial responsibility
- Quality – the pursuit of service, staff and environmental excellence through continuous performance improvement
- Respect – treating all persons with fairness, dignity and respect
- Teamwork – the effectiveness of working together
- Partnership – working collaboratively with others
- Diversity – the strength of individual differences
- Agility – our ability to adapt to changing environments